Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jimmy Flynn's Celtic Snug -- White Rock, BC

I love all things Irish of course,  So as part of the plan to devote more time to myself and my relationships this year, my husband and I decided to have dinner and drinks here on our "Date Night".  What a gorgeous cosy restaurant/bar, with FANTASTIC FOOD !!!   We met Paul one of the co-owners and Steve the bartender, both of whom are super friendly and ready for a good "craic". 

We happened to stop in during the annual White Rock "Bite of the Rock" event.  This is a "Dine-Out" type event where restaurants put together 3 course set menus for $15, $25, or $35 a head.  Glen and I decided that we would do the $35 a head menu and chose and we each chose a different start, entree and dessert so that we could try everything.




Our first course was :

Waterford Smoked Salmon Cakes
potato pancakes topped with West Coast Pacific Salmon, chopped red onions and lemon dill aioli

OMG !! I normally wouldn't touch anything smoked but I tried this to please my husband (aren't I a loving wife?). 
 Magnificent !!! This was fantastic, I can't rave around it enough. I could have eaten two dishes of it.


Roasted Garlic & Brie
Wrapped in a filo pastry and served with cranberry relish & herbed flat bread

Totally delish !! What's better than melting brie and cranberries in your mouth?



Waterford Salmon Cakes on the Left and Baked Brie in Phyllo Pastry on the Right


Our main course :



Irish Whiskey Chicken
Herb rubbed, oven-roasted chicken smothered in Irish Whiskey Sauce

This is the most delicious Whiskey Sauce I've ever had in my entire life.  I would have sat and enjoyed a plate of sauce by itself.







Celtic Warrior Pasta
Spicy sausage, ground bison, lamb sirloin, chicken, and wild mushrooms tossed with gnocchi in a creamy garlic tomato sauce


This portion was huge.  I couldn't finish it all after the starter and still leave room for dessert. 
The kicker, it was even better the next day!!







Our Dessert:

Bnoffee
Graham crumbs, home made toffee, banana, whipped cream, chocolate and caramel


Bnoffee


Caramel Apple Crisp
A traditional English dessert



I'm not kidding !! This was a fantastic meal.  I really can't complain about anything.

The GUINNESS was fantastic !! We had a long talk with Paul and he told us about how well maintained his lines are.  They are cleaned every 3 weeks or so.  It was delicious and reasonably priced at $6 for one of the BEST PINTS IN THE LOWER MAINLAND !!!


THE BEST PINT IN THE LOWER MAINLAND !! JIMMY FLYNNS CELTIC SNUG, WHITE ROCK BC









No comments: