Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
1. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHERE OUR PURSE IS.
2. WE BELIEVE THAT DANCING WITH OUR ARMS OVERHEAD AND WIGGLING OUR BUTT WHILE YELLING "WOO-HOO!" IS TRULY THE SEXIEST DANCE MOVE AROUND.
3. WE'VE SUDDENLY DECIDED THAT WE WANT TO KICK SOMEONE'S ASS AND HONESTLY BELIEVE WE COULD DO IT TOO.
4. IN OUR LAST TRIP TO PEE, WE REALIZE THAT WE NOW LOOK MORE LIKE A HOMELESS HOOKER THAN THE GODDESS WE WERE JUST FOUR HOURS AGO.
5. WE DROP OUR 3:00 A.M. SUBMARINE SANDWICH ON THE FLOOR (WHICH WE'RE EATING EVEN THOUGH WE ARE NOT THE LEAST BIT HUNGRY), PICK IT UP AND CARRY ON EATING IT
6.WE START CRYING AND TELLING EVERYONE WE SEE THAT WE LOVE THEM SOOOOO MUCH.
7. WE GET EXTREMELY EXCITED AND JUMP UP AND DOWN EVERY TIME A NEW SONG PLAYS BECAUSE "OH MY GOD! I LOVE THIS SONG!"
8. WE'VE FOUND A DEEPER/SPIRITUAL SIDE TO THE GEEK SITTING NEXT TO US
9. THE MAN WE'RE FLIRTING WITH USED TO BE OUR 5TH GRADE TEACHER.
10. THE URGE TO TAKE OFF ARTICLES OF CLOTHING, STAND ON A TABLE AND SING OR DANCE BE COMES STRANGELY OVERWHELMING TO US.
11. OUR EYES JUST DON'T SEEM TO WANT TO STAY OPEN ON THEIR OWN SO WE KEEP THEM HALF CLOSED AND THINK IT LOOKS EXOTICALLY SEXY.
12. WE'VE SUDDENLY TAKEN UP SMOKING AND BECOME REALLY GOOD AT IT.
13. WE YELL AT THE BARTENDER, WHO WE BELIEVE CHEATED US BY GIVING US JUST LEMONADE, BUT THAT'S JUST BECAUSE WE CAN NO LONGER TASTE THE GIN.
14. WE THINK WE ARE IN BED, BUT OUR PILLOW FEELS STRANGELY LIKE THE KITCHEN FLOOR (er, or, the mop?)
15. WE START EVERY CONVERSATION WITH A BOOMING, "DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY BUT..."
16. WE FAIL TO NOTICE THAT THE TOILET LID'S DOWN WHEN WE SIT ON IT.
17. OUR HUGS BEGIN TO RESEMBLE WRESTLING TAKE-DOWN MOVES.
18. WE ARE TIRED SO WE JUST SIT ON THE FLOOR (WHEREVER WE HAPPEN TO BE STANDING) AND TAKE A QUICK NAP.
19. WE BEGIN LEAVING THE BUTTONS OPEN ON OUR BUTTON FLY PANTS TO CUT DOWN ON THE TIME WE''RE IN THE BATHROOM AWAY FROM OUR DRINK.
20. WE TAKE OUR SHOES OFF BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT WE'RE HAVING PROBLEMS WALKING STRAIGHT.
Sunday, April 09, 2006
How many martini's did you have when you looked in the mirror and said to yourself
" Yeah baby, I'm one hot cougar. Men eat your hearts out !!
Kimora's first reaction when she saw what the hairstylist did to her
Wow how classy -- look at her ear
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
What the hell has happened to the Law and Order cast? She looks so frumpy !!
And Can you believe these two are together?
Its amazing his ego allows anyone else in the room . I would love Gordon Ramsey to come and kick his ass !!
I can't imagine a bigger hell than Bobby Flay, unless it would be him and Candace Bushnell together.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
We all have skeletons in our closet. I'm talking about those old clothes that we are holding onto. One of the biggest reasons for holding onto our clothes? "I am going to loose weight and get into that outfit again." Time to ditch it! I am sure it is outdated by now and when and if you get into it, it will not look that great anyway. If you loose those extra pounds, reward yourself instead with something new, you deserve it.
Are you the sentimental type that holds on to clothes? The outfit you wore to a special occasion, date or the one that cost you a small fortune. I know it is hard to let go but it is time to do it. How about that little black dress that we are all suppose to have in our closet. It has been there for while, hasn't it? Have you avoided wearing it because it is so outdated? It is time to move on and get a new one.
Here is some good advice, if you have not worn it in two years or more, you need to get rid of it. Not wearable because it needs to be repaired, put them in a pile to bring to a tailor or just get rid of it. Face it, if you have not fixed it yet, it will not happen. Are you waiting for the style to come back again? Style's do come and go and come back again, but always in a different way. The style changes in some way as well as the "in" color. Bell bottoms were once in but never came back fully in style again. They came back a little different as boot leg cut and not as wide as the bell bottom. So do not save it for another time, it will not work. Don't forget the clothes that were bought and just didn't cut it. I am talking about the one's you never got around to returning. Even the clothes that looked great in the dressing room but when you actually wore it, it didn't really look that great on you. These are great for the consignment store. It took me a while to realize that brown just is not my color. Each time when brown is the "new black" in style I just didn't feel right in a brown outfit. It dawned on me that it is just not my color. I held on to those great brown clothes for a while. Finally I let go and accepted those great brown clothes were not great on me. They were taking up much needed closet space.
Next, are the accessories filling the shelves and drawers? Handbags are a big save item. Spending a fortune on a designer handbag is a good reason to hold on to it. If it is worn out and does not look good any more, then there is no reason to keep it. Zipper broke, button off, bad looking scratch in the leather? If it is not useable, then do not save it. I had an off white suede leather Coach bag that I loved and spent a lot of money on. It became dirty looking way too fast. Being suede, it did not clean well. I kept it for three years before I broke down and threw it out. Never bought that color again! Handbags are like shoes, once they wear out, they do not look good anymore. Pull out of your closet all the handbags and shoe's. Try on the shoe's, see if they fit, are too worn out or are out of style and put them in the get rid of pile. Do the same for belts.
Anything in good shape and the style is current; bring them to a consignment store. The rest can go to the thrift store or if too worn out or damaged, throw it out. Thrift stores are usually run by volunteers, they don't need to be throwing out your not so good items in the trash. You will feel good with "out with the old," now it is time and space for "in with the new." Have fun shopping for those new great clothes!
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
The history of diamond engagement rings
Maximillan I of Austria gave the first diamond engagement ring on record to Mary of Burgundy in 1477. He had the ring commissioned to unite their two houses and make their marriage a unifying symbol to the country.
The smallest diamond engagement ring ever made was given to Princess Mary who was married by proxy to the Dauphin of France in the year 1518. Princess Mary was two years old at the time.
Throughout history diamond engagement rings have become larger, more elaborate, and have included a wide variety of other jewels and metals. Diamond engagement rings settings can be made of silver, platinum, white or yellow gold or a mixture of these elements.
Famous ladies and their engagement rings
Celebrities and other famous people influence the look and style of many aspects in fashion and also set trends. Diamond engagement rings are no exception to this rule. The following is a partial list of the famous ladies and their equally famous engagement rings:
* Queen Elizabeth II received an engagement ring from Prince Phillip that was made from diamonds from his mother's tiara.
* Grace Kelly was given a 12 carat emerald-cut diamond engagement ring from Prince Rainier.
* Lady Diana was engaged with a ring made of an 18 carat blue oval sapphire that was circled by fourteen diamonds.
* Elizabeth Taylor was engaged to her third husband, Michael Todd, with an emerald cut diamond that weighed almost 30 carats. However, she is more known for her other pieces of jewelry, one more striking than the other: the 39 carat Krupp diamond, the 69.42 carat pear-shaped Taylor-Burton diamond and the 17th century heart-shaped Taj Mahal diamond.
* Priscilla was engaged to Elvis with a 3.5 carat diamond engagement ring that was circled by another 21 smaller diamonds and diamond chips.
* Sharon Stone was given a three diamond, 3.5 carat emerald-cut diamond engagement ring by Phil Bronstien.
* Catherine Zeta-Jones' promise to Michael Douglas was finalized with a 10 carat antique marquise diamond estimated at slmost $2 million.
* Joan Collins got a heart-shaped diamond ring in a nineteenth-century setting from husband Percy Gibson.
* Madonna received from Guy Ritchie an antique Edwardian three-stone diamond ring with a decorative platinum band. The Neil Lane ring was supposed to represent their family: mother, father and son Rocco.
* In the case of Toni Braxton, drummer Keri Lewis designed a stunning 4.5 three-stone diamond ring with an oval-shaped center stone and 2 heart-shaped diamonds on the sides.
* Paris Hilton, even though not a pop star but a diva anyway, received 2 diamond engagement rings from billionaire Paris Latsis, a $5 million 24 carat canary diamond ring and a $2.1 million 15 carat white diamond ring.
* Britney Spears has two engagement rings also: one that she bought for herself before the wedding, a $40,000 4 carat cushion-cut diamond ring with a platinum pave setting, and one that she received 9 month after the marriage from husband Kevin Federline.
* Christina Aguilera became engaged to Jordan Bratman after he presented a $54,000 20-carat diamond engagement ring designed by jeweler Stephen Webster.
* Whitney Houston sports a stunning 4 carat oval-shaped center stone with trillions on the sides which she received from Bobby Brown.
Replica diamond engagement rings
Of course there is the very famous pink diamond ring that Ben Affleck gave to Jennifer Lopez. This 6 carat radiant shaped pink diamond quickly caught the attention of the public and has become a highly sought after replica. It is completed with a platinum band as well as three baguette white diamonds on each side. The pink diamond engagement ring is reported to have been purchased for $1.2 million in 2002. The ring, while easily identified is also very feminine and modern looking.
Replicas of the famous pink diamond ring are now available for a moderate price. The cost of the replicas depends on the quality of the stones and the materials used in reproducing the pink diamond engagement ring.
Some replicas are styled as more antique diamond engagement rings. These rings have an everlasting quality and symbolize tradition and heritage. The recent engagement of Camilla Parker Bowles in February of 2005 featured such an antique engagement ring. The platinum ring has an emerald-cut center diamond with three diamond baguettes on each side. This ring originally belonged to the Queen Mother and is believed to be valued at over $1 million.
Since few people can afford the original item, there will always be a market for replicas of these one of a kind diamond engagement rings. The quality of the replicas varies, as does the price. It is important to note that the styles of diamond engagement rings that are popular with celebrities will soon become the styles that are sought after by the not quite so rich and famous.
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Today the House of Balenciaga is owned by Jacques Bogart S.A. Nicolas Ghesquière has recently taken over as chief designer, re-packaging the classic Balenciaga handbags or Replica Balenciaga Handbags look for today's discriminating woman.
Balenciaga handbags and sometimes Replica Balenciaga handbags leathers are lightweight, durable and unique. The fact is no two bags look identical. These handbags are not only stylish but they are functional as well. They come in a wide range of colors like sky blue, bubblegum pink, navy, pewter, apple green and magenta. They also come in various styles and sizes to meet any need. We will explore a few of these :
First (aka: Small, Classique, Le Dix, Lariat) This Balenciaga handbag is basically flat with rounded edges. It measures 13x2.5x7.5 and has a 18" shoulder strap. This handbag retails in the United States at approximately $995.00 and have a serial code of "103208".
City (aka medium) This handbag is very roomy and great for everyday use. It measures 15x4x10, and has a 24" shoulder strap. It has a serial code of "115748" and retails for about $1,195.00 US.
Work (aka Office, Large) Handbags in this style from Balenciaga have the serial code "132110", and retails in the United States for in the $1,275.00 price range. It measures 18x6x12 and is great for transporting files and folder from the work place to home and back.
Weekender (aka Voyage) Retailing for $1,385.00 and having serial code of "110506" it measures 21x9x15. The size of this bag will allow you to take just about anything you need for that weekend get away.
Twiggy The Twiggy style handbags measure 14.5x6.5x9, with a 23" shoulder strap. It is a bit longer and larger than the Box style. It is a great handbag for casual every day use. Handbags that are in this style have the serial code "128523", and retails for just $1055.00 in the United States.
* If a seller is selling multiple identical Balenciaga bags below retail, chances are they are a fake. Again as we stated no two are exactly the same. Replica Balenciaga Handbags * Balenciaga handbags hold their retail value. Even a used bag will easily command over $700. Remember the saying "If the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is". * Only the extra tassels that are included with every bag are wrapped in plastic. Nothing else is. The tassels are folded loosely in plastic, not coiled. * The shoulder straps fold seamlessly over themselves at the ends. * All o-rings (ie. where the tassels attach) are welded shut into a seamless circle. Many counterfeit bags have a gap in the o-ring. * Look for the embossed/raised "Lampo" signature on the zippers. Otherwise they are Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Friday, February 03, 2006
The elements of being well dressed:
1. Organization: An organized dresser knows what she owns and the items she needs to complete a look. When she goes shopping she has a list and sticks to it. Her clothes are neat and organized where they can be easily seen and outfits can be put together quickly.
--- An easy way to do this is to divide you closet into sections, and then color code and group each section. It would look like all the blacks pants are beside the black skirts, the white blouses are beside the white sweaters etc ..
- Work Clothes
- Casual Clothes
2. Knowing yourself: A well-dressed woman knows her personal style so she is never tempted to buy an item that is not perfect for her. She has accessed her lifestyle, her personality and knows what style looks best on her and what she feels most comfortable wearing.
Ladies -- please don't wear "fashonable" items just because they are fashionable. Please make sure that they fit and look good on you. Way too many women are wearing the low and super low cut jeans and they have love handles and waterfalls flowing over the sides. This is not a good look for anyone.
3. Knowing your body type: Women who know their body type and what lines look best on them feel better about the choices they make. Shopping is much simpler because unflattering shapes can be passed over and a lot of money saved when she knows what looks best.
So, you are organized, you know yourself and your body type. Is there anything else? A well-dressed woman is able to take all these elements and put them together with ease. She knows how to match styles, how accentuate, what to wear to certain events and is confident about her choices. In every situation she is feels confident about how she is dressed and is free to tackle the business at hand.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
I also start my resolutions in February so that I am not part of the "January Mania". So I am getting myself ready for February. As an incentive I bought myself an elliptical machine and placed it in front of the tv. Of course this is where all serious fitness people place their machines .. so $600 later I have a machine that I have now used a grand total of once !!
I have also started back on Weight Watchers, just using the plan at home not going to the meetings. I just don't want to pay 60 bucks a month to someone so they can weigh me. I am perfectly able to embarass myself at home for free.
So here we go .. I will be posting updates as I go...
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Does it not sound like like "The Right Stuff", baby.. from New Kids?
Good Lord he's ripping off New Kids on The Block and Britney still loves him.
Somewhere hell is freezing over .... and pigs are flying..